How to Study While on Vacation
Sorry my hotel wifi has been down all morning and I had to completely rewrite this blog post (grrr!) Anyhow, this past week I have been in Hawaii with my family! I have not been to Hawaii in a couple of years and I cannot tell you how much I miss this beautiful state!
I love family vacations, especially since they will pay for food and drinks, however, family vacations can be stressful when you are still in school. I understand that some readers may disagree with me about leaving school to go on family vacations; however, for me it is important for me to spend time with my family since I see them less and less every year. I would have loved to travel when I'm on school breaks, but the dates for this trip were non negotiable. If you are in the same boat as me, here is how you can travel while studying.
- Talk to teachers 2-3 weeks in advance
- I found this time span to be the perfect amount because it's not so early that the professor forgets nor is it so last minute professors get irate. If you are trying to purchase plane tickets though, I would suggest maybe 4 weeks in advance.
- Don't forget any of your readings!
- I goofed on this part (that is why I am warning you), but make sure you have all the books you need while you are away. Since I forgot one of my readings, I now have to wait till I get home late night to finish all my homework assignments.
- During your downtime, don't forget to do homework
- Sure it is easy to forget to do homework because you are so tired from your travel itinerary, but you don't want to be up till three in the morning the night you get back. Whenever there is some quiet time, sneak in a moment to finish that quick assignment, you will not regret it.
- Finally, have fun on your trip
- Of course you will have fun on your trip; however, don't be that family member who complains about how much homework you received before heading out. Don't skip activities because of school work. That is why it's important to finish it on your downtime.
I hope this was helpful for you and your next school week vacation. Comment below if you have any additional tips and tricks you suggest. Follow my instagram for more Hawaii themed photos. I am going to go back into the ocean now.
<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/19174971/?claim=8jysxv26vkd">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>